Hi guys, something a little different for you today! I did a post like this back around Halloween time and I really enjoyed it, so here's another character look.
I'm off to a costume party on Friday and I was also sent these beautiful yellow contacts by the lovely people at SPOOKY EYES and these are in the style Avatar (find them here), I have never worn contacts before so I was, to be honest, a bit scared of trying these but I have always loved how they looked, so I thought I'd bite the bullet and try them out. It did take me a few wears to get used to them and for my eyes to stop watering constantly, but as soon as my eyes had time to adjust they really are very comfortable, and after a whole I forgot I was wearing them! (Nearly went to sleep in them, don't do that, so dangerous!)
Anyway this is how I created this awesome Werewolf look:
1) First things first is to pop in your contacts, this way if your eyes water you won't ruin any of the look, I popped the contact on my middle finger and fed it in to the outer side of my eye, blinked a few times for it to position itself and then they were fine, I really rate these contacts, even though I really have no comparison, but a few of my friends made me aware that some character contacts were really stiff and uncomfortable, but I really didn't get that impression from these guys, they were so easy to apply and really comfortable to wear, check out their other styles at SPOOKY EYES
2) Next you need to create a flawless base to work on, it doesn't really matter about your skin colour so I just did my normal foundation routine (all products will be listed below)
3) I then started by defining the eyebrows, the big bushy brows are what really make this look so realistic, I bought the start of my eyebrows in a bit further, almost to the bridge of the nose, and then filled them in as normal, I then used a brown lipstick (cream eyeshadow or any kind of cream make up would work for this, as long as it's matte, the shimmer will not work for this look) and I used this to create extra hairs around the brow, and it should look something like this
I also went through it with a black creamy shadow to make sure they weren't just one colour, and I used hairspray on a normal old spoolie to keep these in place.
4) I then took a dark brown shadow to contour my cheek bones, under the jaw and also down the centre of my forehead in an upside down triangle shape. Then, using the same technique as we did with the eyebrows, add the extra hair detail.
5) For the eyes I wanted to keep it really simple, I started with a base of my MAC paint pot in Painterly, then I just used the same brown shade that I contoured with to sweep over the lid, then took my eyebrow kits darker brown colour to define the crease and I took this pretty much up to the brow bone, you could add mascara, and even falsies, if you wanted to sexify this look a bit too!
6) I didn't want too much on the lips either, so I took my Kiko lip pencil in the shade 300 which is a true brown, and just filled them in with that, no lippy or anything as I wanted a matte effect.
And this is the finished look, I hope you enjoyed something a little more interesting and fun today as I definitely enjoyed creating this look! As usual I'll list all the products below and please check back for more posts.
L'OREAL INFALLIBLE MATTIFYING BASE
MAC STUDIO FIX FLUID
MAC PRO LONGWEAR CONCEALERRIMMEL CLEAR COMPLEXION POWDER
L'OREAL BROW ARTIST GENIUS KIT
RIMMEL LIPSTICK (220 HEATHER SHIMMER - used for hair detail)
REVOLUTION "RUN BOY RUN" PALETTE
KIKO PRECISION LIP PENCIL