Thursday 23 October 2014

Primark Brush Review


Now I'm always on the hunt for all things affordable. Being a student the funds are, obviously, limited for things such as make up brushes. I own a variation of brushes, ones I've acquired back when there was time to have a job, or birthday/Christmas presents, so I'm used to some good quality brushes (I own Real Technique, Revlon, MAC and Smashbox brushes). But alas, where money lacks, I need to find cheaper alternatives.

I'm never opposed to the low end options, in fact my make up collection is full of them, and if I find cheaper products that do the same job, then that's all my boxes ticked!

On to these specific brushes, I picked up the three I was in dyer need of, which were The Stippling Brush, The Double-Ended Concealer Brush and The Liquid Foundation Brush. Let's jump straight in to the review.

The Stippling Brush
The Good
Obviously, as it's from Primark, it was a steal! I paid £1.50 for a make up brush, that's incredible to me. I've been using this to apply my contouring and bronzing powders as it's the perfect size. The look of is product is lovely as well, simple black with a nice pop of pink. As it has synthetic bristles, the brush is a dream to clean, product doesn't stick and it dries pretty quick, so no lay over day of having to use a random spare brush!

The Okay
When applying with a light hand, it does the job, albeit not as well as my trusty Revlon brush (RIP, I lost it way back in first year, and made the difficult decision to do without, which now seems impossible) as you have to literally have to use the lightest touch, slight heavy-handedness of any kind will result in random splotches of brown on your face, not a great look, regardless of what Jodie Marsh may try to have you believe.

The Bad
The stippling brush is a great product, I have nothing completely negative to say.


The Double-Ended Concealer Brush
The Good
Again, an absolutely bargain, I believe this one was £2, makes sense as it's two brushes in one. I prefer the larger end, and that's the only end I use for concealer. Again it's a dream to clean due to its synthetic bristles, and the subtle but eye catching presentation.

The Okay
It tends to retain a lot of the product, which isn't ideal for wastage but it's not dramatic so it's an Okay not a Bad at the moment.

The Bad
I do NOT use the smaller ended brush, it's useless. I used this end to begin with for concealer, and the product clumped up throughout the brush, so I was ending up with huge globjules of congealed concealer underneath my eyes, not attractive and certainly not happening again.


The Liquid Foundation Brush
The Good
I'll keep repeating how good these prices are, £1.50! Really can't go too wrong there, and another note on the look of the product, a total lover of pink here! (Can you tell?) 

The Okay
I'm not sure why, but the bristles are a bit more prone to breaking off on this specific brush, which is a bit annoying when you're applying foundation and you discover a black bristle suffocating underneath your foundation.

The Bad
This product retains the most ridiculous amount of product, such is making it the most horrendous thing to clean, I spent 25 minutes just waiting for the water to run clean with the amount of product. I tend to use this while my Smashbox brush is drying, so it does a pretty substandard job compared to my beloved Smashbox.

On a whole, they really are not bad, and for what you pay, actually, they're pretty spectacular. Compared to my higher end brushes they're obviously not as good quality, but for a cheaper alternative when you just can't afford those ridiculous prices, I wouldn't mind recommending them to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment